Why 20? Because that’s what I’ve done so far. Please add yours below…
- Close joint bank accounts – check!
- Change all utilities to just your name – check!
- Remove your ex as an additional card holder from your credit card – check!
- Get his name of the mortgage, sell the family home if you have to – check!
- Move, so his mail no longer appears in your mailbox – check!
- Post all his remaining stuff to him, no matter the expense – check
- Donate all the rest – check!
- Buy a new wallet, because old one was a gift from ex – check!
- Get a net dinner set, because the old one was a wedding present – check!
- Buy a new handbag, just because you like it and the old one was falling apart – check!
- Replace all mugs, because all cups/mugs in hte cupboard were either bought together or as gifts from ex – check!
- Get rid of all large teapots, because they were used to make pots of tea for family breakfasts for years – check!
- Seal all wedding photos in a shoe box, great idea from a FB friend – check!
- Finally throw out the sugar flowers from your wedding cake – check!
- Buy a new frying pan, because the ones you have were bought together and the new one was on special – check!
- Buy new shoes, because all the ones you own are wearing out and the guilt involved in buying stuff for yourself is now gone – check!
- Buy your own new iPod, because the two old ones you have were hand-me-downs from your ex – check!
- Install a new car stereo, because the one you have was stuffed up by your ex leaving a CD stuck in it and never doing anything about it – check!
- Have fun in the pool and at the beach with your boys, because your ex could not swim, would not learn and was terrified of water – check!
- Family photo albums – still mulling this one over…. All suggestions will be considered …
|A bargain Fossil handbag|
What else can I do to de-ex my life?
Subscribe to my newsletter