Snug as a bug in a rug? How gross is that? Why would anyone want a bug in a rug? All I can think of are those horrid earwigs that often occupy my junk mail.
Anyway, this isn’t about bugs. It’s about my boys’ sleeping habits. And those habits are pretty messy.
As babies, I often found them in ridiculous position in their cot, sometimes with their heads where their feet should be.
This was cute when they were babies and could be rugged up in sleeping bags and sleep suits (again, what’s with the bug in a rug analogy? My kids aren’t bugs!)
When they moved into their big beds, these soon began to resemble battle grounds in the morning. Not to mention the struggles they had with their doonas as they fell asleep.
I’ve tried using a top sheet with their doonas to tuck them in and tame the beds, but they would always end up kicked to the bottom of the bed and made bed-making even more painful.
When Jane Tepper, the owner of Ecosleep explained her unique product, Coshee, to me, I had a light bulb moment!
Since the smallest size the bed sets come in is a double, I could tuck their whole doona, with top sheet attached all around the mattress and not have to fight with the bed every evening and morning!
Then there was the added benefit of only having to wash the top sheet and not have to fight with the doona covers whenever changing bed linen.
Here is how the Ecosleep sheet/doona cover work:
- the top sheet is attached to the doona cover withh plastic studs that go all around the edges;
- when you want to change bed linen, detach the top sheet, wash it and then clip it back on. Of course, it helps to have another sheet set handy, when you can’t get the laundry done and dried in a day, but this makes bed making and changing soooo much easier.
|The boys beds have never looked (and continue to look!) so tidy.|
To celebrate the ecellence of Ecosleep, I have one set from their Tween or Kids range to give away. It is valued at $159.95,
You can choose from several designes, including the Ben and Nathan shown above, or the Cait, below.
To enter the competition, complete the form and leave comment below telling me why you’d like to win a Coshee set.
Disclaimer: I received two Coshee sets to review. My opinions are my own.
The (really) find print, also known as Terms and Conditions:
- Only Australian Residents are eligible to enter.
- For entries to be eligible, you must complete the entry form. Incomplete entries, or answers exceeding 25 words, will be deemed invalid and will be deleted.
- The most creative complete entry will win one a complete Coshee bedlinen set from Ecosleep, valued at $159.95.
- Judge’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries close midnight, 10 July 2012, and will be drawn on 11 July 2012. The winner will be notified by email, and posted on www.ablogofherown.com.
- Prizes are not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
- Entrants’ personal information is collected in order to conduct the promotion. Personal information will be kept confidential and not passed onto third parties.
- The Promoter is Dorothy Krajewski of SingularInsanity.com. Contact: [email protected]
Subscribe to my newsletter