- It can set the mood for the whole day. I dropped in for a sponteanous coffee today after the childcare run and, fiding myself without my phone, was forced to sit quietly and enjoy my coffee. Sip after delicious sip. And look out the window at the grassy vacant block next door. My mind calmed, slowed down. I felt a sense of peace for the first time in weeks.
- I need to unplug more often. And just sit.
- Children react to tangible rewards, no matter how small, much better than conceptual ones. Whether it’s stickers on a calendar, or gems in a jar, those little rewards seem to work better to enforce positive behaviour than promises or threats.
- They help me focus, too, on what I’m trying to achieve.
- I am really good at some things – some of those I enjoy, others I don’t. I can’t totally avoid doing the things I don’t like, but I can limit them.
- I really like connecting people and connecting with people. That doesn’t even feel like work.
- I love staying in hotels!
- They love events!
- Melbourne bloggers want more events!
- There are at least three I’m going to in the next 5 weeks!
- Yay! (Did I mention I love hotels?)
Subscribe to my newsletter