I appear to know a few more things this week. Which is nice. I’m not very good with the unknown. I try to learn to cope with uncertainty and “they” say that nothing in life is certain, but a little bit of “knowing” is always nice.
So this week, I know:
About Moving House
- Yes, we’ll have to move house again in July – the perils of renting. Our house got sold to a couple who actually want to live here (imagine!), so we will need somewhere new to live from the middle of July.
- I don’t like moving. You know, the actual packing and moving of stuff and unpacking and not finding things and taking months to settle into a new home? Not to mention the cost of moving all this STUFF!
- You may have noticed that I’ve been quite ambivalent about where we live and have often talked of making a “tree change”, of moving somewhere away from Melbourne. I’ve complained about our street, our hot house, about the lack of decent outdoor living space, the not-so-great schools.
- Moving house again gives me another opportunity to reconsider our lifestyle and explore regional Victoria. Or New South Wales, or Queensland. And an opportunity to find a nicer house and neighbourhood.
- A new location may also bring with it more exciting and diverse job opportunities. That’s kinda nice to think about and speculate. Because I actually think that I would like to do some work outside of the home. For a while. Without spending hours commuting.
About Mental Health
- No matter how lucky you may be with access to the right doctors and facilities, making choices about treatment is not easy. All options have different strings attached, different consequences, different considerations. Also, options for sole parents are very limited.
- I’m at a point where I’m unable to make any decisions about this, because so much is unstable in my life. So for now, I’m shambling along with some tweaking in my medication and going back over all the techniques I’ve learnt over the years for managing my illness.
- I am severely depressed. I have been keeping a mood chart for my psychiatrist and even she was surprised at my low mood levels. Because I present really well. And I am very high functioning. I shouldn’t be, at those levels, but I am. I may, in fact, be a superhero.
- He is being an arse-hat lately.
- He is stubborn as a goat. Or a donkey. Or both.
- He is still very cute and apparently very smart.
- He needs to start towing the line, or this mummy may well decide to trade him in.
Subscribe to my newsletter