Welcome to Things I Know, where I, and you, get to tell the world all the things we know this week.
No matter how mundane, how trivial, or deep and meaningful, I reckon we all know something, even when we think we don’t.
As I contemplated this week’s post, I thought, “Bloody hell! I actually have nothing to say this week!” Except that it took about a minute of the gears turning in my head for the first Thing to appear.
So, get ready!
This week I know:
About Things I Know
- that I love the concept of “Things I Know” so much that I tried to buy the domain name. Alas, it is already taken;
- why? Because I realised that I know a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff. My insatiable curiosity means that I like to find out stuff. I like to know the “How” and “Why” of everything. From people, to machines, to organisations, to society.
- Unfortunately, I am not an expert in any one thing, other than myself. So, please, do not take anything I say here, about anything other than myself, as gospel.
About Other Stuff
- that when a doctor tells you that sedation may be a side effect of a new medication you’re trying, this may mean that you are going to sleep all night and all day! Thankfully, my body clock has the school run hard wired into it and the daily routine was not compromised;
- who knew that a post about cat food would draw so much interest? In case you’re wondering, the kittens are adjusting to their “raw food” diet quite well, with less and less canned food having to be mixed in every day;
- that homework is a pain! My 9yo spends more time whingeing about having to do it, than actually doing it! Drives me batty!!!
- that I really need to clean up my desk (again!), because every time a cat jumps on it, something falls off!
- that a lot of this post may be grammatically incorrect, but I really am too tired to try and figure it out.
The linky is open until midnight on Sunday, so you have plenty of time to join in.
Subscribe to my newsletter